DRIBBLE – VERBS
– to dribble BABA 20C W. Indies sl.
– to dribble, to ooze, to trickle, to glide DILDER Bk1900 Sc.
DRIED – ADJECTIVES
– capable of being dried with fire ADUSTIBLE 1611 obs.
– dried by smoke REESTED 1785 Sc.
– dried up or burnt EXUST 1657 obs.
– dried up, parched PARCHY 1746 obs. rare
– dried up; parched, as the skin in fever SCARPED 1878 Eng. dial.
– dried up, withered BEAZY Bk1898 Eng. dial.
– dried up with heat, parched ADUST 1550
– dried up with heat, parched ADUSTED 1550 obs.
– half-dried HAZLED Bk1902 Eng. dial.
– having a dried, parched appearance; wasted SCOURY 1802 Sc.
DRIFT – VERBS
– to drift to and fro, to drift along WIFT M16 obs. exc. Eng. dial.
DRIFTER – NOUNS, PERSON
– a drifter; a derelict; a vagrant; a vagabond VAG 1859 US sl.
– a drifter; a tramp AIREDALE 1960s US sl.
DRIFTWOOD – NOUNS
– driftwood BEACHWOOD 1965 Amer. dial.
DRILL – VERBS
– to drill, to pierce DIRL 1733 Sc. & Eng. dial.
DRILL SERGEANT – see services